? ??????????????Merry Christmas Night? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.2 (179 Ratings)??14 Grabs Today. 24655 Total
Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Jack's Christmas? ????? ?? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??13 Grabs Today. 1199 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Christmas Geek's Christmas Music Playlist

So...if you are interested in a (if I do say so myself) a great list of suggestions for tunes at that next Christmas party, they are RIGHT HERE. Yours for the taking. I've combined some old and new, some classic versions and artists with a few newer ones. But don't ever settle for the newer remakes of old Christmas classics...because, well, let's just say the authenticity is LOST.

Without further ado...The Christmas Geek's Christmas Music Playlist:

1. Elvis Presley--If Every Day Was Like Christmas
2. Aaron Neville--Please Come Home For Christmas
3. Darlene Love--Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
4. David Bowie and Bing Crosby--Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy
5. Nat King Cole--The Christmas Song
6. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town--EITHER Bing Crosby with The Andrews Sisters (which is the version that you hear in the distance during a scene in "A Christmas Story") OR Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band...depending on your mood and your crowd.
7. Kate Smith--Christmas Eve In My Hometown
8. David Foster--Carol of the Bells
9. Dan Fogelberg--Same Auld Land Syne (yeah, I get it, I'm an old romantic)
10. Anne Murray--O Holy Night
11. Stevie Wonder--Someday at Christmas
12. Band Aid--Do They Know It's Christmas
13. Dean Martin--A Marshmallow World
14. Frank Sinatra--The Christmas Waltz
15. Kenny Rogers and Wynonna Judd- Mary, Did You Know?
16. The Waitresses--Christmas Wrapping
17. Trans-Siberian Orchestra--Christmas Canon
18. Louis Armstrong--'Zat You, Santa Claus?
19. Stevie Wonder--What Christmas Means To Me
20. Frank Sinatra--Silent Night
21. The Killers--A Great Big Sled
22. Rob Thomas--A New York Christmas
23. Vaughn Monroe--Let It Snow


The order could more than likely be altered a bit (Let It Snow doesn't exactly belong at the end of a playlist containing songs like Do They Know It's Christmas)but I really love all of these selections. I also could have listed MANY more, but I do have to get up in a few hours. LOL!!

Also, some of my favorite Christmas albums are: the A Very Special Christmas series, the Time-Life Treasury of Christmas, even the NOW That's What I Call Christmas series. And, of course, my personal favorite, Christmas Through The Years, which was available for purchase through Reader's Digest during the 80s. My parents had the cassette version when I was a kid and though they rarely play anymore, I won't let them get rid of those albums!!

Enjoy the tunes!!
Gracie
The Christmas Geek

0 comments: